I’m posting this for those of you that are a little shy about bold prints or don’t want to spend a lot of money to keep up with all the fall trends. Leopard is the haute print for this season (see previous posts) and I don’t want anyone to miss out on this trend because they don’t know how to incorporate it into their wardrobe.
Here are 6 tips to add little RAWRRR to your fall wardrobe:
No one likes to spend big bucks on the new hot trends every season. So a less expensive way to incorporate a season new IT item is to purchase accessories that can work with your existing wardrobe. Try our first 3 tips for these cost savings options.
1. We here at Alpha Femme love footwear!!!
understatement of the century So it should be no surprise that our first tip is to add a pair of leopard sandals, pumps, boots or booties to a monochromatic outfit. (Don’t assume that monochromatic means all black, there are other colors to pull from this print try a camel or brown, even red!) This allows your feet to be the center of attention by breaking up what could be an otherwise boring outfit.
Let your feet do the walking and the talking!!!
2. It doesn’t matter if it’s a chunky duffel or a dainty clutch, the print is the true accessory when you pair an animal print purse with any outfit. It’s a great way to add a statement piece with little investment and a huge BANG!!!
3. Another great accessory for fall is a scarf. It’s great for those chilly early fall nights up thru the coldest days of winter. From running errands with the kids to going out with the girls this is an easy way to spice up any outfit. Don’t forget that the scarf doesn’t have to go around your neck…tie it around you purse, wrap it around your waist, stuff it in a jacket pocket…scarves are a versatile accessory!
4. If you are willing to be a little bolder with print you can add one or a few pieces to your wardrobe. You can easily pair a blouse with solid slacks or jeans, a skirt or pants with a solid blouse or sweater, a vest over a monochromatic outfit or animal print tights with a simple structured dress.
If you have an eye for coordination you could also rock multiple print pieces in a single outfit. WARNING This can be challenging. It is usually best to try to pull similar colors together rather that trying to match patterns (this can look to matchy-matchy). Try wearing a silk abstract print blouse with a fitted smaller print pencil skirt or slacks. You could also wear skip the skirt/slacks in the previous example and add a pattern accessory instead.
6. I saved the boldest option for last… (even I, the fashionista, am hesitant about this one) COLORED LEOPARD PRINT. Take this classic print and change the color scheme to red, pink, blue even purple or green. See how it can be done:
We hope this has inspired you to go out and add some RAWRRR to you fall look with a leopard print purse, shoes, dress, tights, or scarf!!!